Monday, July 14, 2008

Just a Bit of Clarification

Although JR's descriptive writing skills are better than his Daddy's, I thought I'd take a minute and clarify some of JR's thoughts about his stay at Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw's. He did actually go on a Safari, there's one in Grapeland. Where in the world is Grapeland you ask? Well, if you're from Texas it's in between Crockett and Palestine. If you're not from Texas....it's just another itty-bitty East Texas town. And surprisingly they have a website....who knew us Country Folks could use the computer? My mom had told me all about the Buffalo sticking his head in the car. I can only imagine that one, my mom is as dramatic as I am, so I'm pretty sure there was some serious squealing going on. I'm sure Mama wasn't as scared of the Buffalo as she was worried he might mess up her hair.
The laser tag at Incredible Pizza was pretty hilarious too. I was there for that one since that's where we met so I could drop JR off. My dad and I were in the pizza section with the babies when his phone rang. It was my mom in a panic saying, "I need back-up! I need back-up! I'm in the laser room!" My mom thought that laser tag was going to be played in the little room they took them into to put on their vests. When they took them into the dark, maze room and JR took off running she didn't know what to do.
JR also mentioned the 3 Berenstain Bear books he got at the library, he forgot to mention that Maw-Maw read 55 other books to him while he was there! She has the patience of Job.
Speaking of patience, for those of you wondering what Nop-o-ly is...Oh yes, she taught him how to play Monopoly. I even took a picture of that one. How she taught a child that cheats at Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders to play Monopoly I'll never know. As soon as Jason and I walked in the door he was asking, "Do you want to play Nop-o-ly with me?" When I went up to play with him he showed me his 'Get Out of Jail Free Card' with such pride you'd have thought he'd just won the lottery.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty new blog layout :) t.

Me Me Me said...

Oh my goodness! I can just imagine your mom playing laser tag!

Anonymous said...

I like the new pink "look". Everybody needs a Get-out-of-Jail-free card....especially if you're playing Nop-o-ly.

Anonymous said...

I'll have to talk to JR about that 'get out of jail' card - I remember something in that game about selling that card for quite a profit! After all, when you don't have any money, it is a very safe place to be - I must have spent a lot of time there - JR is rekindling some fond memories!!!

Love the new blog look - GS