Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Watch Out, Here I Come!

Dear Snow,
Hello? Was it not just Monday that I told you I was going to have a few choice words with you if I got stuck again. Now to be fair, I'm not sure if you're the main culprit, or my archenemy-nemesis Ice, but since you decided to show up last night with a few more inches, you're the one getting blamed. Seriously, what is your deal about making me get stuck at the Mason Center (the place where the kids take gymnastics)? And since I'm there twice a week, this is getting ridiculous. I have gotten stuck every single time I've been there for the last 3 weeks. You and Ice better get your act together because I'm sick of this! I'm a Texan without 4-wheel drive, give a girl a break!
Love,
Jan

And for the rest of you: Let me just say, my Beijing driving "skills" finally came in handy today! Okay, so I never actually drove a car in Beijing, but I saw plenty (and when I say 'plenty', I literally mean 'millions') of insane driving practices. But I have to give the Chinese credit, because it was one of their favorites that got me out of a sticky situation today.
I drove my big, honkin', Expedition....down the sidewalk.
Oh yeah I did.
I was stuck (yet again) and two of the moms from Tiny Tots were helping me. Between the 3 of us we decided there was no way I was going to be able to back up. Of course we didn't see any reason I couldn't pull forward, right onto the sidewalk. One of the moms suggested it, and off I went. And really, isn't sidewalk driving a perfect way to celebrate the upcoming Chinese New Year?! Woohoo!

(Durangoans, I was parked at the Mason Center facing 3rd Ave. I drove on the sidewalk until I got to the parking lot exit for the tennis courts and was able to pull out on to the road. I know, I'm such a rebel! )

4 comments:

GS said...

I can see the local paper police report headlines now "Mason Center 10 AM Wed morning - Local woman (native Texan) driving down the side walk while two other local women cheer her on." That should be big news. BTW - loved yesterdays Valentine's. You should get the Mother of the Year trophy betweem those and your groundhog cookies.

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL ! MR

Unknown said...

Woohoo! Now that sounds like fun! Maybe one day we can have a race - your Expedition vs my minivan.

Mendi said...

That might make the paper!