Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'm Mom of the Year...Again!

I just got a call from JR's teacher (he's being a bit attitudinal today). But she also told me a lunch incident that should have my Mother of The Year trophy arriving any minute. I forgot to put a fork in JR's lunch this morning. Now normally this wouldn't be that big of a deal, but the cafeteria ladies wouldn't let him use one from the cafeteria line. (JR's teacher agreed that was ridiculous.) I think they have aides or volunteers who watch the kids during lunch, so the aide/volunteer that was on duty borrowed a fork from another kid and told JR she would wash it with soap and water and it would be just like a new fork. Well, if you're a regular reader or have met JR for more than 5 minutes then you know how that turned out. I even said to his teacher before she finished, "Oh yeah, there's no way he was going for that." (And right now both of JR's grandmothers are saying "I wouldn't have either!") Poor thing. Since he couldn't eat his pasta because I forgot to pack a fork, (and he wouldn't use a used fork) he couldn't have his cookie, which means the poor child had no lunch today. Thankfully it's Thursday so we'll be making our weekly Sonic happy hour slushy run before gymnastics. This Mom of the Year will be buying that baby anything else he wants too. Of course we'll still be having a little talk about his attitudinal problem, we'll just be having it as he stuffs his face...and I wait for my trophy to arrive.

4 comments:

GS said...

You are right JR - go hungry before using used utinsels!

Miss. Jinny said...

JR I don't blame you at all buddy a washed fork is not like new at all! I hope you enjoy your yummy slushie and whatever else you want! :)

Anonymous said...

To hand the kid a new plastic fork would have been the Christian thing to do. I hate it whenever I have to eat pasta with my fingers. MR

Friedt Family said...

Seriously? A USED fork instead of just letting the poor kid use a school provided utensil?? What is this world coming to? And I think you SHOULD get your trophy for letting him fill his empty stomach at Sonic, that's the mother of the year thing to do in my book:-)