Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Church Lady

Since it's Ash Wednesday and lots of people are busy being on their best behavior giving up things for Lent (As a Baptist, I would not be one of those people. I've also never known my mom to give anything up, so I'm guessing the German Jew Presbyterians also don't participate in that practice.) I figured a church picture would be appropriate for today.
One of the great things about Facebook is when old friends post really old pictures you've never seen before. And one of my friends posted this one a few weeks ago. This was from Forest Cove Baptist Church in Kingwood, Texas. (The church is now part of Houston's Second Baptist.) I'd guess we were about 5 or 6. And yes, I remember everybody in this picture but one...our parents had us up at that church everytime the doors opened. See if you can find me. Jason picked wrong!
Jason thought I was the girl standing on the right end. I guess he thought I only became short as an adult. Nope, I've been little all my life. Which, yes, would make me the shortest girl up there...all in pink and ruffles. My hair is French braided, which my mom can't do. My aunt, PamPam, was the only person who ever French braided my hair. And if PamPam was there to see me sing, so was my grandmother, Mimie! Proof that a picture really can speak volumes. Such fun. Thanks for posting it, Christi!

1 comment:

GS said...

I, too, picked the girl on the end at first, but when I blew up the picture, I found you right away. If I didn't know better, I would think it was JR standing there in long hair and ruffles, which, of course, no doubt would EVER happen. Love it!