Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Vday Ready

I was laughing today when a Facebook friend said she was busy making elaborate Valentine's Day goodie bags for her daughter's class since she was the only one who sent "just cards" last year. Yep. I made that mistake too. For those of you moms who haven't sent a kid off to school yet...Yeah, um, you have to send more than just cards. And cards don't come with envelopes like they did when we were kids! The no envelope situation just blows my mind every year.
Thankfully, we finished up addressing Valentines tonight. Notice I said "we". I have a 1st grade boy. Anytime handwriting is involved it's a we project. JR actually does all the printing, I just have to be there for serious monitoring and moral support. We also break handwriting projects up over a few days, hence the finishing of the 'Tines tonight. Look at that happy face. Finished!

And since we now know you can't send "just cards", we added in Fun Dips.

And yes other boy moms in JR's class, I know you're loving me as your son is only having to write 2 letters when addressing cards to JR. (And I'm sure the little girls are loving me too since JR's name leaves them plenty of room to draw extra flowers, ponies, and kittens.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's a valentine worth receiving. Maw-Maw

Friedt Family said...

Nice work! And excellent choice on the Fun Dips, I'm sure the kids will love it!!

Stacy said...

What is up with the whole Vday gift extravaganza??? I have been the mom to just send cards, and then I feel so chintzy when my kids come home with these bags full of all sorts of stuff! We are making our own this year..with construction paper and stickers and stuff...and I am hoping that counts for something, because I didn't buy any candy again! I'm such a rebel!

Sew Crafty Austin said...

I had NO IDEA that Valentine's Day cards were more than just cards. Guess I have a lot to learn before kindergarten starts!

Stacy said...

So, I totally caved....last minute trip to HEB after gymnastics yesterday for candy to stick on the back of the valentines! I'm such a conformist!