Wednesday, February 24, 2010

From Tigers to Monkeys

Last week at Tiny Tots as the teacher was explaining what they needed to be doing, Reed walked right over to the rings, grabbed them up, and did a back flip. The entire room did a collective gasp, and since I
A. have all boys and am used to "high adventure"
and
B. didn't want to scare him
started clapping and saying, "Yeah Reed! Woo-hoo!" (Yes, the other moms looked at me like I'd lost my mind.)

Today I had my phone in my pocket and decided to try and capture some of the death-defying Tiny Tot moves in action. And as usual, I was way more worried about taking pictures than the actual safety of my children. They could have fallen at any time, and I would have been standing there saying, "Cheese! Say Cheeeeeese!"

The first 4 pictures are all Reed. He got himself in all of these positions without any help or spotting from the teacher or me. I, of course, was too busy trying to unlock my phone and get ready to take pictures so how could I possibly do something like, oh I don't know...help my child.

The infamous flipping rings

This bar is low enough that Reed can reach it on his own from his tippy-toes.


An upside down "cheese!"


I'm guessing his next move will be to let go with his hands and hang from his knees. Great.


Kyle isn't one for upside down, but he loves to hang. (He's also better at forward rolls.) Here he is hanging from a bar that I'd say is at least 5'5". (I have to lift him up and the bar is quite a bit over my head)


And I finally got a picture of The Sliding Mat of Danger. That's Kyle about to slide down and Reed on his way back up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you just laugh at them during the entire class time? These two monkeys make me laugh. MR

kyle and robin said...

this cracks me up. my mom has pictures of my brother after he had fallen into a lake - fully clothed. he was sobbing, but before consoling him she got out the camera. we have EVERY little childhood memory captured on film. isn't that what all good mothers do??

GS said...

Makes me laugh too, but also frightens the daylights out of me. You will have to leash me and gag me to keep me from making a fool of my self.

Anonymous said...

Should we be looking for an Olympic gymnast in a few years???? I'd love to brag about family being in the Olympics!!!!