Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fire Butt Chickens

I finally got a picture to upload and what did I choose?
My precious children in the 4th of July parade?
The really big bass JR caught?
Puh-leaze...I've got priorities, People!
My main concern since JR's Firework Extravaganza has been Fire Butt Chickens.

As Jason was buying the goods for JR's show he asked if there was anything I wanted. Immediately I hollered out, "Ohhh! Get some of the Fire Butt Chickens!" Jason had never heard of (or seen) The Chickens and I quickly told him how great they were.
"Oh! They're awesome! My daddy used to buy them for me every year. They're chickens and they lay fire eggs! Eggs of fire shoot from their butts!"
And being that I said the words "butt" and "fire" in one sentence, JR was immediately sold on how amazingly awesome Fire Butt Chickens were going to be.

Needless to say, The Chickens were not what I remembered.

Of course, no eggs of fire appeared. Nonetheless, JR was still thrilled when fire did somewhat burn from their backsides. But for me, half expecting them to walk around and drop colored fire balls like Easter eggs, it was quite a let down. They spark, and then give off a really loud screechy-firecrackery-squeal that I guess could be perceived as what a chicken with a firecracker butt might sound like.

Oh well, I guess next year we'll stick with the Roman candles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fire-butt-chickens have lost a little something, something over the years. Maw Maw

GS said...

The show would not have been the same without those chickens. The anticipation was worth a lot and, the look on Jason's face as he looked around with the question in his eyes "is that it?" - well, that was worth something. All in all, it was a great show!!