Thursday, July 29, 2010

Not So Dorky, But Pretty Embarrassing

So I was at The Children's Place with JR trying to do some school shopping. I promised him we could have all his shopping done in 10 minutes. But of course JR was trailing behind me saying, "It's past 10 minutes. It's been like 100 minutes. I think it's been like a million minutes, so we are done!"
I was showing him shirts which he would either ignore (I take that as a 'yes') or tell me were "hideous". I was throwing the 'yes' shirts over my arms or shoulders and trying to get out of there as fast as possible (for both of us). After we checked out we headed down the big, fancy- shmancy mall (Oh how I love going to a real mall. Have I mentioned in the last 5 minutes that the closest real mall to Durango is 4 hours away?) and headed into a few more stores. We covered quite a distance and even had to use the escalator. As we were walking back to the playground to meet up with the rest of the family, I looked down and noticed that I still had a Children's Place shirt draped over my shoulder. I stoped and said, "Oh no! JR, look! I've been walking around with this shirt over my shoulder! I walked out of the store with it."
JR: Oh no! You stole it! The police are going to arrest you!
Sadly, I wasn't as concerned about my new life of crime as I was embarrassed that I'd been walking around the mall with a T-shirt slung over my shoulder.
I went back to The Children's Place and announced "I'm here to pay for the T-shirt I stole from you." The girl behind the counter laughed and told me it happens all the time. Although it's usually because moms hang clothes from their strollers and then forget about them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it happens to busy moms with cranky kids! totally understand that.I know you enjoyed a "Real" mall.
Lu

Stacy said...

When my boys were little bitty, like stroller-sized, I had them in Kohl's in one of those front-back strollers. I was in a rush to get somewhere after that that I had to be, and after I had paid and got to my truck and had strapped them in, I see that Silas a a black, lacy, hoochie-lookin BRA of all things in his hands that he had grabbed on our way through the store! I had to ask some poor lady in the parking lot to take it back in for me, because I didn't have time to go back myself, especially with having them both strapped in already. She looked at me like I was a nut-case...well, I guess I am...but anyhow...it makes for a great story now! You brought that memory back to me...too funny!!!