Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pat Green!

Let me start by saying if you don't know who Pat Green is, then you don't live in Texas. (For the last 2 years there's been a Pat Green song played on the radio in Texas every 7 minutes. Seriously.) So I was in disbelief when I saw Pat was coming to Crockett. Now for those of you non-Texans let me put this in perspective. The last time I saw Pat Green was at the Houston Rodeo in Reliant Stadium (where the Houston Texans play) which holds 71,500. (Of course it wasn't sold out.) Now I'm not sure how many people the Crockett Civic Center holds, but the last time I was there was when I went to see my opera singer friend, JD, singing in the Crockett First Baptist Church Christmas play when he was in high school. And if you're still thinking Crockett is a thriving Texas metropolis, it's a 2 stoplight town, and has a population around 65,000 less than Reliant Stadium holds.
Jason, also in shock that Pat Green would come to Crockett, was slightly jealous I was getting to go. I told him I had thought about that, but had decided he would have gone without me if the situation had been reversed! So with Jason's mom, Sherry, as my date we headed out to Crockett for a big night out on the town. (Cause as small as Crockett is, my parents' house is still a 30 minute drive away.)
As usual, Pat put on a great show. But the coolest thing was actually getting to see him. He pretty much just looks like a speck at the Reliant Center, but at the Crockett Civic Center he looks like this.

1 comment:

GS said...

Great Show and Fun Time AND no 2 hour wait getting out of the parking lot. Makes it just a whole lot more fun - almost like our own private showing, almost. And my date was stylin' in her cowboy boots!