Saturday, July 10, 2010

I'm Too Sexy For This Blog

Now that I'm in my 20's *cough, cough* I've found I need to do a little 'maintenance' every now again. So when I was in Houston I stopped by my old nail shop to get my eyebrows waxed. I admit I was a little nervous when the oldest lady working jumped up to help me. Living in Asia taught me quite a few lessons, one being: The older ladies are good at taking money and yelling at the younger girls, not so good at administering actual beauty treatments.
Against my better judgment I went ahead and let her do it. I relaxed when she didn't hurt me, and thought I was in the clear. As the waxing ended I thought, 'Oh, she DID know what she was doing. Whew.'
And then she swiped the 'after-wax refreshing lotion' across my lids.
*Dramatic pause*
I literally jumped off the table since I was quite certain I was, in fact, on fire!
I'm pretty sure I didn't have any brows in the middle of my eyelids (and if I did, that's something you, as friends, should have told me) but now I have no skin there either! Huge red scabs (where my skin once was) are now front and center above my eyeballs for everyone to see.
Needless to say, I look awe-some.

5 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Where are the pictures?

Unknown said...

I am with Jaime. We need pics!

Jan said...

I took some pics and I just can't bring myself to post them. So you know it's BAD!

GS said...

OUCH! Like the words, "it grows back" after a bad haircut, I guess "it will heal" really doesn't comfort much.

Mendi said...

That totally happened to me once...on my lip! OMGosh- nightmare!