Sunday, November 14, 2010

Party.Party.Party.Party.Party.

You counted right.
That would be five parties.
Five parties from Saturday to Saturday.

Party hop with me...

Party #1- I hosted a Christmas themed baby shower
Of course, I have no pictures since I was trying to be a good hostess. 
AKA: "Okay y'all, so get something to eat and drink whenever you want. And don't worry, we won't be smelling diapers smeared in chocolate candy.  Our game for today is just to visit with each other." 

Party #2- Jason's surprise 40th birthday party. 
Surprisingly (pun intended), I really did surprise him!
I knew he had no idea when I casually told him where we were going to dinner and he said, "Why are we going there? I went there for lunch one time and I didn't like the food."
(He did like the food for his birthday dinner.)
But how could you not? Just look at that cake they made him!

Party #3-Kyle and Reed celebrate Price's 3rd birthday. 
We let the boys party during small group with chocolate donuts. 
(I use the term "small group" in the truest form of the word since the only members are Niki and me!)

I couldn't find any birthday candles, but the boys seemed to think that was just fine!
  Photos taken by Niki (which is why they are amazing).

Party #4- JR attended an ice skating birthday party. 
JR and his buddy/our neighbor Jacob (who was not the birthday boy).

Party #5- Shelly's 30th sort-of surprise birthday party.
I went in search of appropriate party hats for the big occasion, and since I don't have a Target, Hobby Lobby, or Party City in a sixty mile radius I came up empty handed.  I took my own stash of Christmas hats as a substitute.  (On a related note, can you believe our WalMart doesn't sell feather boas?! What a travesty!)
Picture stolen from Shelly's Facebook page.

Tiffany, Jill, Tiffany, and Ashley waiting for the birthday girl to arrive.
Picture taken with my sad, little camera phone since Jason took the real camera on his hunting trip.

With all these parties I'm finally feeling in my element.  Let's keep it up!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

And I am honored to have been included in three of the five parties! Hooray for party season!!!!

Anonymous said...

What's a party w/o a hat? MR

leiamarie82 said...

Um, I think girlfriend parties totally trump hunting trips in the photo world. Pictures of ladies drinking giant margaritas are ALWAYS better than dead animals.