Monday, November 8, 2010

Spotlight On...

my favorite Christmas tree this year. 

I finished up decorating last Wednesday.  It took me a full week, but it's done, and now I can sit back and enjoy it until Christmas night.  (That's when it starts coming down.)

All the regulars are up this year (Texas tree, Chinese tree, JR's artwork tree) but I have a new one this year that is my favorite (right now, anyway).

Pier 1 (Where else do I have to shop?) was selling this tree as an Easter tree.  I kept my eye on it, and the day after Easter I was there to buy the only one left in the store.  But as Pier 1 does, it's in the store right now, and they're selling it as a Christmas tree.  Thanks for continuing to keep me in style even after I buy your stuff on sale, Pier 1!  These butterflies are also Pier 1 after Easter, and the silver balls were just in my Christmas stash . 

As you can imagine, I just adore it.  I mean, can you get more Jan than a tree that looks like a giant feather boa! 
 Loves it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's Christmas w/o a white feather boa tree unless it's a pink feather boa tree? MR

Unknown said...

Oh that is fabulous! Love the butterflies!

Anonymous said...

LOVE it!
Oh, Jan, I was in Schulenberg TX today in a Pecan Store,that also sold lots of Christmas things--and they had the cutest little square monogrammed sticky notepads (all red and green and cute). and you guessed it---no I in the whole bunch. It truly is a conspiracy!!
lol
Lu