Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'm Election Day

Seriously. 
I really am Election Day. 
Well, I was for Halloween, at least.
(My Beijing friends will recognize this little ensemble as my costume for the 1776 Ball.  But that's the great thing about having a prop closet, I just grab something and rename/reuse for another occasion.)

Now, as you can imagine, I didn't get many compliments on my outfit.  In fact, I got quite a few stare-downs.
I honestly thought I was being on my best behavior. Not wanting to offend 98% of the attendees at our neighborhood Halloween party, I went as nonpartisan as I could.
I thought it was very nice of me not to go in with my conservative guns blazing.
But speaking of guns, I did add this one little button that I figured would sum up my election day choices.
But I haven't even gotten to the best part yet.

So we'd been at the party for about five minutes and a man I didn't know walks up to me and says,
"Who are you? Sarah Palin? All you need is a hockey stick."

 I looked right at him, and in my most sweet and sincere voice said,
"Oh no! Sarah Palin is much too beautiful for me to try and be her!
I could never pull that off,
 I'm just... Election Day."

 I thought his head was going to explode.
He looked at me completely dumbfounded, and then turned away and walked off.
Not. a. word.
I was so proud of myself.
I've never left anybody speechlesss before!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The costume was perfect. I wondered what you "put together", but I never thought of that. MR

GS said...

You Go Girl and you could do Sarah, well!

Unknown said...

Woohoo! Love it!