Monday, November 1, 2010

Not What You Were Expecting

So if you know me, you know today is the day the Christmas decorations go up. 
But I'm not going to talk about that.
Nope.
 Totally not going to mention how I've actually been working on getting them up since Wednesday.  Not telling you how I'm hosting a baby shower on Saturday so the house has to be finished. 
No way, Jose'.  Mum's the word.
In fact, just to show you how much I'm not discussing the love of my Christmas decor, I'm going to talk about fall decorations.

Look what my friend, (and new neighbor...that's a Texan!) Cassidy, made me.
 My very own "I" pumpkin.
Take that, Hobby Lobby!
It even has a blinking tea light in it, which the kids think is about the coolest thing they've ever seen.
BTW, Hobby Lobby's initial pumpkins have no illumination.  So, I win!

And how cute is this pumpkin picture Reed brought home from church yesterday?
(Kyle's picture wasn't blog worthy.)
  And yes, I should have scanned and upload it instead of taking a picture of a picture. 
But, what do you expect? How could I possibly have time for something like that when I'm decorating for Christmas!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tehehehe!!!! I am actually a bit more excited than usual this year for the Christmas decorations at our house. Having to resort to a fake tree for health reasons means that I can put EVERYTHING up before we leave town for Thanksgiving! Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

I will be in full decoration mode right after I get home from voting tomorrow. I am stunned that you have gotten so much done. MR

GS said...

You guys scare me - I got to get through Thanksgiving before I can even begin to think about it - ya' think this Texas heat has any bearing on that - 90 degrees and Christmas trees just don't go together well.