Thursday, November 4, 2010

Paging Dr. Jan

My mom gives me an amazing Christmas present every year.
She helps me take down my decorations.

The best thing about my mom's ability to "get the decorations jerked down" (as she would say) is that she's super fast.  The worst thing is that she's super fast.
Needless to say, fragile things may or may not live to see the next year.

Although some victims never made it to the operating table, many were broken but salvageable.
All they needed was a trip to Dr. Jan's office, and an appointment with my handy-dandy glue gun.
(Oh, and you'll never believe it...I didn't burn myself at all!)
And no, these weren't all my patients, just my most critically injured.

As you can see, both Santas were pretty perturbed about being sliced in half and loosing a hand, respectively.

They actually didn't seem much happier after leaving the recovery room.

Appendages seemed to be a big ticket health care item this year.

 Happy Family. As good as new.

Poor Baby Jesus got put through the ringer last year.

But now he's sleeping soundly in the manger...Until Kyle finds him.

But, my biggest operation couldn't be performed on the kitchen counter.  I knew it was bad when I heard Jason say, "Come here. You're going to be upset."

We didn't know if Santa was going to pull through or not, so Kyle held his hand during the tense procedure.

Hallelujah, he made it!
Hot glue, you are a wonder drug!

4 comments:

Shelly said...

I know right! Hot glue is one of the best inventions ever. Too bad it doesn't work on our kids. There's some health care I could afford!

Anonymous said...

Oh I feel terrible. Are you SURE Durango didn't have any earthquakes this year? MR

Friedt Family said...

Good work Dr. Jan, you're a miracle worker!!!

Unknown said...

Ha! That is awesome. And I am very proud that you didn't burn yourself.