Monday, November 29, 2010

I Guess I Should Mention It

So I figured I should write about Thanksgiving day since that is the reason we went to Texas in the first place.

First, and most importantly, it was Jason's birthday.  And though we celebrated what felt like a million times, and this picture was taken a few days before at his dad's house, I figured I better include it so I don't hear, "Why didn't you say anything about my birthday being on Thanksgiving?"

My parents had 31 family members over for lunch, or as we call it in the South, "dinner". I didn't get out my camera since I was too busy talking and stuffing my face, but my cousin, Kristi, did snap this picture of our boys right before they left.  It was one of those, "Oh! We need to take a picture of JR and Caleb!"
JR and Caleb are 6 months a part and both in 2nd grade.  JR certainly has some growing to do if he's going to catch up to Caleb.

That evening we had a visit from everybody's favorite friend, JD. At one point I felt like JD was the celebrity guest star on the Muppet Show.  My 3 children surrounded him on all sides (one above his head) while they played the keyboard, a toy horn, and sang. 
JD also inherited a "cool" new nickname.  Kyle started calling him "ABC".
I'm not sure if Kyle just gave up on all the initial names (JR! JD!), or it was because when I told them to sing for JD (isn't that what you do when an opera singer comes to visit, make him listen to your kids sing?) that Reed broke out into his rendition of the ABC Song.  I'm guessing the latter.

Before I go I just had to add this little extra bit. Kyle just climbed in my lap to look at the pictures.  He pointed at JD and said, "There's ABC! There's ABC!"

1 comment:

Friedt Family said...

Too cute! ABC is a great nickname! I've been following along on your TX posts, looks like a great trip. When are you venturing north to MN?! Oh wait, you have snow in CO so the novelty of winter in the great north has worn off:-)