Monday, April 28, 2008

Africa According to JR

They got home about 3:00 P.M. today. It's good to have them back!
JR wants everybody to know about Africa, so he talked and I dictated. Here's the Africa trip according to JR:

"I shot a lion, daddy shot a lion, and they killed an ostrich, and I shot a black wilderbeast and a blue wilderbeast. They made pizza for me and it was special. We shot 3 springbucks. We had a house, actually 2 houses, and they had a sign and it said 'Big Woods'. I had 3 airplanes to go on to get to South Africa. They made hamburgers for me. They had candy, and I ate candy. And my dad gave me candy if I was so good. They had a bucking bull and a tent for a party, and they had cowboy hats and a sheriff hat. I sat on everything and I saw 2 rhinoceroses and I give the 2 rhinoceroses a shot and took a picture. They had Fanta Orange and Sprite. They made spaghetti for me. Did you know that they made spaghetti? I saw an ostrich, I ride on a horse, and I saw a 'baboom'. In Germany I went on a tour. I toured stuff you don't know. I go on a boat ride and I saw castles too, I saw a bunch of them, but not any of them had knights. I came home to America. I stayed for Africa for 10 days."

6 comments:

Me Me Me said...

Welcome home Jason and JR!!! If JR is anything like Geoff and I, he'll be talking about his trip to Africa for YEARS!!! I can't wait to hear a first hand account of your trip JR!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures. What a nice trip. He'll be talking about it for a long time. Maw-maw

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures - but I got to know - how did they make a dead rhino sit up like that - or do I not want to know - this is not a small animal you can just prop up with a pillow or something!

Sure glad everyone is home safe and sound.

Granny Sherry

Jan said...

The rhino isn't dead, they just darted it. So, it is really more like a drunk, passed out rhino. On the video I saw the guides run up to it while it is staggering around and kind of guide it to sit down.

Kristi said...

Sounds like JR had a great time...pizza a spaghetti included!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home guys from the great African safari! Lu