Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Katie!

It's my China friend, Katie's, birthday. Her birthday is really on Thursday, but I'm posting on Wednesday, since it will be Thursday morning in China when it's Wednesday night here. So, before I tell my favorite Katie story, I need to fill in some background information on her. Katie always has everything you possibly might need with her at all times. She's like a walking contestant on Let's Make a Deal. Me, on the other hand, I don't even have my purse half the time I leave the house. Anyway, we were on the train on our way to Shanghai, and JR and I were sleeping on the top bunk. About 3:00 A.M. JR sat straight up in bed and threw up all over me. Before I could even finish telling everybody what had happened, Katie had handed me an airplane barf-bag, and a damp washcloth! I didn't even have an extra change of clothes for my poor child, but Katie, of course, had everything to remedy the situation. Jason, Allison (who was on the trip with us since she was in town visiting) and I couldn't stop laughing about it. Who has a barf-bag and damp washcloth in arms reach at 3 in the morning....Katie does!
Whenever I get off from the house without something the boys need (which could be anything from bibs to diapers) I always say to Jason, "What do you expect? I'm not Katie." I wish I had Katie here with me in Houston. She's so great to go anywhere with...need a snack, drink, hand sanitizer, hair clip, paper clip, or barf-bag...don't worry, Katie's got it.
Happy Birthday, Katie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HB Katie. GOD bless you for being there for Jan and JR. Margaret

Me Me Me said...

Okay I still laugh about that! She whipped all that stuff out before I realized what was happening! Poor JR, he was such a trooper!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!!!