Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Maw Maw and Paw Paw's House By The Others

Babies: We didn't get to go to Africa with our big brother and Daddy, but Mommy was nice enough to stay home with us and take us on a trip to Lovelady to see Maw Maw and Paw Paw. Since JR got to tell about his trip, here's what we did on our trip:

Reed: Here I am sitting in one of our bouncy chairs. Paw Paw calls them the Shaky Pans.
Kyle: Whatever, you'd sit in that chair for about two seconds and then you'd start crying so Maw Maw would hold you and rock you.
Reed: Well yeah, why would I sit in the chair when I can get Maw Maw to hold me and rock me? Duh!

Kyle: Here's Mommy holding me and that Red Fox thing. Maw Maw kept making that thing sing and dance for us.
Reed: That was pretty funny, though. It did make us both smile when we would see it.
Kyle: See it?! How could you miss it? That thing's florescent orange...why those crazy people kept calling it "red" I'll never know.

Reed: Here we are taking a good nap in our bouncy chairs. Maw Maw's got us all bundled up.
Kyle: I know, I think she must be Chinese the way she kept covering us up. Did you hear her saying how we'd sleep better if our feet were warm?


Reed: Maw Maw and Paw Paw bought us a new swing because they didn't want us to have to share the swing we had.
Kyle: Do you think we can work that angle with Mommy too?
Reed: I don't think so, she seems to think that sharing thing is something we're supposed to learn.
Kyle: Um, Okay Mom, we'll get right on that...sure thing....

Kyle: Here we are one night sleeping in our Pack 'N Play.
Reed: Dude! That was the night you kept pulling my pacifier out of my mouth...that was SO not cool!
Kyle: Whatever Dude, that was hilarious. You were the one being a baby and tattling on me to mom by crying out every time I did it.
Reed: Lots of good it did, it just made mom push us farther apart in the bed.
Kyle: Yeah, but we showed her, we just scooted right back beside each other.

Babies: So, as you can see we had a fun time, and Mommy is totally paying for it now because we are both so spoiled and think we are supposed to be held 24 hours a day. Okay, now we have to give the computer to Hunter because he is being super annoying and wants to tell about his trip.

Hunter: I don't get noticed much anymore, so I was really excited when Mommy let me go for a ride in the car. I even got to sit in the front seat. Then, I was even more excited to see us pull in at Maw Maw and Paw Paw's house. So here's what I did:

I hung out with Foxy. We took every step Paw Paw took. He gave us treats and let me sleep in the bed. Foxy and I could really bark loud. Every time she would bark, I would bark. We seemed to get thrown out of the house quite a bit for that...especially if the babies were sleeping.

And here is a picture of the best part of the trip. I went down to the pond to feed the fish with Paw Paw and on the way I spotted a new, fresh, wet pile of cow poo. It smelled SO good, and I thought I needed to try out a new perfume. So, I rolled in it and it was so awesome. I did such a good job too, I got it all the way from my head to my tail, and I got it all over both sides too. But, by the time I got back to the house, the day quickly went from the best part of the trip to the worst. I really didn't understand why I heard Mommy screaming from inside when she spotted me from the kitchen window. She came outside, and for some strange reason started screaming and ranting and raving about how bad I looked and smelled. (Obviously, she has no idea what's cool.) Anyway, the next thing I knew Paw Paw was scrubbing me down with a cow brush in a big tub of water. And then the worst part, they made me sleep in the barn! I'm still thinking about calling C.P.S. over that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daddy is sitting in the barn swing now saying he wished he had some babies to rock. That was funny--you stomping around in daddy's big rubber boots yelling at Hunter. MR

Anonymous said...

PeeWee's response to Hunter' escape from the Big City. "You go Hunter, I know the bath came quickly, but isn't that wonderful aroma worth it even if it is for that short period of time - you go Buddy - wish I'd been there!"

PeeWee

Kristi said...

LOL! Sounds like fun for all!

Anonymous said...

Love the commentary!
Lu