Saturday, April 19, 2008

Geography With Jason and JR-Part 2

So I owe Jason a, "you were right, I was wrong". JR, did in fact, do a lot of sleeping on the plane(s). I got a text from Jason about 2:30AM that they had landed in Johannesburg. He said he thought it was going to be a rough trip to Johannesburg with JR, that he was pretty hyper and refusing to eat, but that 3 hours into the flight he looked over and JR was passed out. He said he woke him up after they landed. When I talked to him at 6:45 AM, they had found a KFC in the airport and JR had finally eaten a few chicken nuggets. When I talked to JR he said, "Hi Mommy! I'm in the airport, I'm on my way home!" Jason said, "He's just delirious." Jason called back at 10:45 AM and they had made it to Port Elizabeth. He said that JR fell asleep before the plane took off and he had to wake him up when they landed. He said JR looked out the window when he woke up and said, "Daddy, we haven't left yet!" Jason also told me I would have freaked out on that flight. He said it was raining as they were landing and at about 10 feet off the ground the pilot gunned it and they took back off to try and re-land. Yep, pretty sure I would have been hysterical over that situation. They were getting their bags when I talked to them and were gearing up for the 3 hour car ride to the ranch. Jason's email is NOT working in Africa, so I won't be getting email reports from them. His phone worked at the airport, but we have no idea if it will work on the ranch or not. (I'm guessing not) So, as Jason put it, I will either get a phone call from him later telling me that his phone works and I will be able to talk to them while they are gone... Or, I will hear from them next Sunday when they get back to Port Elizabeth. This is going to be a pretty boring blog for a week if I don't have any JR stories to share!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The words, "pilot" and "GUNNED IT" should never be in the same sentence when your "baby" is on the airplane! Maw-maw

Anonymous said...

I agree with Margaret about the pilot and gunned it! However, it is good that Jason was right and JR slept on most of the flights. Hope you get to communicate with them while they are gone.. Enjoy your home visit.....Lu