Friday, April 11, 2008

Everybody Loves Green Frog

When I was little I had a stuffed animal named Red Fox (yes, it was a fox and it was red). Red Fox was special because my parents had just come from a doctor's appointment where the doctor had told them that I was "allergic to everything" and to get rid of all my stuffed animals. As the story goes: We stopped off at the drug store on the way home, I saw Red Fox, I squealed for Red Fox, Red Fox went home with us, none of my stuffed animals were thrown away, Red Fox still lives at my parents' house til this day. Fast forward to JR's birth. Somebody gave him a green frog. JR really liked his green frog, and in honor of Red Fox, I of course named him...Green Frog. Here's JR at 3 months old enjoying Green Frog. Green Frog did make the move to Beijing, but he was replaced a few years ago by Buzz Lightyear. (On a side note, the Buzz that JR sleeps with had a trip to the washing machine the other night...you can only imagine what poor Buzz was smelling like...Whheew!) Anyway, I got Green Frog out the other day and left him beside the babies' chairs. It was funny to see JR come home from school and immediately grab up Green Frog to watch TV with him. When Reed was crying today for no apparent reason I put Green Frog on his stomach. And he stopped crying. I told Jason, "Look at Reed holding Green Frog; he likes him." Jason: "Umm, no, you've laid Green Frog on Reed's stomach." Okay, but he did stop crying and go to sleep. And then I tried Green Frog out on Kyle, and he started chewing on Green Frog's eyes. Look at those sleeping (Reed) and happy (Kyle) little faces! So, yes, Everybody does love Green Frog!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I love Green Frog. We would say, "Go get Red Fox." and you would crawl like crazy to grab Red Fox. Cheers to all green frogs and red foxes!

Kristi said...

Well, that IS an adorable green frog...who could possibly resist? Kyle looks a lot like you in that picture!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are too cute of Reed and Kyle--green frog makes them all happy.
Lu

Anonymous said...

Cousin Billie said...

Thank you for sharing with us stories and events of your
Family!

You have a precious Family and I
know you and Jason are so very thankful for your Sons!

That was a wonderful tribute to your Dad on Father's Day!

We are all blessed to have had the
Dads and Grandfathers we had to love God and Country!

Our love always,

Cousin Billie and Family