Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ouch!

I was thinking about keeping this little story to myself, but with my addiction to oversharing and my need for sympathy, I just couldn't keep it in any longer. This is a picture of my knee. Nice bruise, right? I took this picture of my knee today, 3 days after I did this to myself while skiing. I guess I need to stop trying to ski; you'd think with all that soft snow around it would be next to impossible to inflict a bruise upon myself. But now that I think about it, it's really not the skiing I'm having so much trouble with...it's those pesky ski lifts! This time I had an incident getting off the lift. As I was getting off I never really stood up all the way. I was skiing, but I was still in a squat position (my butt was right over my skis). Thinking back it would seem that I should have just stood up, but for some reason I couldn't get myself to stand straight up. I actually skied for quite a distance in the squat position. (Guess I'm part Chinese too.) I finally gave up trying to get up and just kind of laid down/fell over to stop myself. Jason, still laughing and actually impressed at how far I was able to ski while in a squat, skied over and tried to help me up. But I never could get myself back up (I really need to work on my upper body strength). Resigned to the fact that I couldn't get up with my skis on, I started taking them off and threw the first one over to the side. Guess where I threw the next ski. Um-hum, right into my knee. As you can imagine, it felt really great. I was still so embarrassed about my "squat skiing" that I actually didn't make that much of a scene. But I'm making a scene now....Ow, Ow, Owee-Ow-Ow-Ouch!

2 comments:

kyle and robin said...

I learned long ago that skiing and me are not friends. I've tried, but it is always ugly and results in stories and injuries eerily similar to yours! last time I tried to ski I caused the lift to stop TWICE, fell down numerous times, and somehow managed to race past my husband while snowplowing (and he started out WAY in front of me!) kuddos on continuing to give skiing a try. you are stronger than me.

Kristi said...

I'm hurting just looking at that.