Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Green Giant

Jason tells me I'm being dramatic when I tell people that the culture shock from Houston to Durango is almost as bad as Houston to Beijing. But today I've got the proof. I took JR and the babies to the library for the first time, and as we pulled into the parking lot I noticed some parking spaces close to the entrance. Of course I said the same thing I always say when we see a good parking spot... "As Joel Osteen would say, 'the favor of the Lord is upon us.' "
But ya know, Joel Osteen preaches at a mega-church in Houston. Apparently here in Durango Who you know doesn't matter when it comes to good parking spaces. I knew the Southerners wouldn't believe me, so I took a picture. Here's why I wound up in the back of the lot.

I'm guessing my Expedition doesn't qualify. Do you think I could get away with putting a little sign in my window that says, "At least it's not as big as a Suburban."?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a first for everything and that is a new one on me. I wouldn't try arguing with the law, however, those children need their Mama. If you just wait, maybe the sign changes. The extra holes in the pole beneath the sign indicate room for new signs to be posted frequently. Every category deserves its turn. Maybe next week the sign may read "Almost fuel efficient vehicle parking only" or even better "Parking reserved for those with the Favor of the Lord upon them".

Marcia said...

Maybe you should post a sign over 2 small spots that says, "Thanks to George Bush and his cheap gas I can afford to drive a gas guzzling SUV - superior usable vechicle"

Anonymous said...

Who knew you were suppose to ride the 4-wheeler to the Library?? MR

Angie Werley said...

Hey Jan! Sorry that I don't post comments too much on your blog. I do read it all the time though and you crack me up as always! :) Andrew and I TOTALLY use the same Joel Olsteen line when we find an "up close" parking space! So funny! I still can't believe that you guys live up in Durango. We will have to come up and visit. Our kiddos would have a blast together! I love keeping up with you and your sweet family through this! Love ya, girl!

~angie