Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Is Sprunging...I Think

I was really starting to like the weather here. It was getting up to about 60 degrees each day, the sun seems to shine all the time, and besides having to put lotion on my hands constantly, the dry climate really is enjoyable. I had convinced myself it was going to be smooth sailing all the way to summer. I was wrong. It snowed today. Okay, so it wasn't a big snow (Denver was supposed to get 2 feet!) But it did snow all morning. Evidently this is what spring is here in Colorado. Days of nice, warmish weather mixed with days of snow showers. Of course I'm used to spring in Houston, which is a few weeks of nice days before it gets too hot and humid to even go outside...and a couple of tornado watches thrown in for good measure. The locals here seem set on it being spring, and didn't revert back to their winter clothes for the snow. One of the high school girls was wearing shorts at the bus stop this morning, and another one of my neighbors was out in her front yard also wearing shorts. If this same weather was in Houston I can assure you we Texans would have had on every scarf, hat, and coat we could find. And being that I'm a native Texan, I sent JR to school in a heavy sweatshirt (over a T-shirt) and also made him wear his coat. When I picked him up from school today guess what he was wearing? Yep. Apparently JR has localized himself. There he stood wearing only his T-shirt. What can I say? Happy spring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had our tornado warning yesterday. The azaleas and bluebonnets are in full bloom so you're right. Spring has "sprung". MR