Thursday, March 12, 2009

More Peas...

I've talked before about how Jason and I sometimes refer to the babies as "Mine" and "Yours". Well, Mine, is becoming more like me every day. Seems a future in the dramatic arts is definitely in the cards for Kyle. Both babies will break out into dance anytime I sing to them ("Wheels on the Bus" always gets them going). But it seems me making the family watch So You Think You Can Dance in the babies' early months has rubbed off on Mine the most. Jason is so good to let me have control of the remote, even if it means he has to watch every reality show out there. So last summer, when the babies were about 5 months old, we'd each take "ours" and help them "dance" along with the So You Think You Can Dance dancers. Even today with the babies being so little, Jason and I can still dance with them whenever the mood strikes. Just last week our moms (and everybody else sitting near us) were thoroughly entertained when we helped the babies break into dance when "Womanizer" came on while we were out to eat.
Of course it's only natural that Mine would have picked up some more intricate and fabulous dance moves under my tutelage in those early days. And this morning, much to my delight, Kyle showed me those early days of training have really paid off. We caught the tail-end of Britney's "Circus" video on the TV and guess who started dancing as soon as he heard it...Humm,I just can't imagine who else would do that too?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love to watch that dancing - one day we will be cheering him on to finals of "dancing with the stars". You go Kyle!

Anonymous said...

"Womanizer" brought the house down. Even the waiters singing "Happy Birthday" a few tables away didn't give those little dancers any competition. Maw-Maw