Monday, March 2, 2009

El Gato In A Sombrero

JR's school celebrated "Read Across America Day" by having the kids dress up as their favorite Dr. Seuss character. Always one that wants to stand out, I was trying to be really creative for "JR's choice" of characters. I had lots of great ideas, but then settled on the easiest costume I could buy online when I remembered that the closest Hobby Lobby was an hour and half drive away. JR was excited about his Cat costume and told me, "Mommy! It's Dr. Sue day!" as he jumped out of bed this morning. I was worried he'd look like every other kid in the school, but he said he was the only Cat in his classroom...he saw lots of other Cats, but not in his room. He said his friend, Leif, was The Grinch and had his face painted green. My mom's reply: "Well, we know you wouldn't have wanted to be that!" JR's still hanging on tight to his aversion of face painting.
And in honor of Dr. Seuss I will go ahead and wrap up my post here since he put it so well when he said:
"So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads."

2 comments:

Me Me Me said...

What? They didn't celebrate our Independence Day???

Friedt Family said...

LOVE the costume...and I think the snow boots really add a lot to the look:-)