Monday, October 5, 2009

Farm Town

I was lamenting on Facebook the other day that I'm turning so "organic" I can hardly stand it. Saturday we headed over to a farm in Aztec, New Mexico (about 45 minutes away) to pick our, you guessed it, organic pumpkin.

Apparently, the babies were under the impression the trip was for them to add pictures to their modeling portfolios.



But not one to stand still long enough to model, JR couldn't decide what he liked best.
Was it the corn slide?


The corn maze?


Maybe shooting gourds and corncobs at pumpkin targets?


Could it have been enjoying a cold beverage with his friend Mack?


I'm thinking it was the hay ride. Just look how thrilled and comfortable he looks in this picture! (I promise not two seconds before this picture was taken JR turned to me and said, "Mommy, hold my hand." As you can see I got overly excited about such a request and here's the result.)


I don't know....He looks pretty proud of that pumpkin!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun. Wonder if I could talk John into growing pumpkins? MR

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! Picking pumpkins, going on a hayride, corn slide and shooting pumpkins too! Looks like a FUN day to me.
side note--I think Uncle John should grow pumpkins!
Lu

GS said...

What a great day and little ones were sure in pose mode. I agree, pumpkin farm at Windy Hill.