Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Pumpkins Are White!

One of the good things about Colorado living is that I get more photo-ops. Not only do we have the first day of school picture, but we also get to have the first snowy day of school picture. Now let's stop and take a moment to examine the first snowy day of school picture. You'll notice JR has on a sweatshirt, jacket, snow-gloves (as apposed to cotton gloves that get wet in the snow), a hat, and you can also see the tops of his snow boots. Harry has on a jacket. Jason and I have told him a million times (and when I say "a million", I'm actually pretty accurate) "Harry, it snows here. It snows a lot. You need a big coat, and you definitely need some snow boots." But since the Chinese know better about all things, (especially about states they had to look up on a map to even know where they were coming to live) Harry doesn't need any winter wear. The things he had in Beijing (that gets maybe an inch of snow a year, maybe) will be just perfect. And as we walked outside this morning to take the first snowy day of school picture, Harry let out a yelp. And though my Chinese is a bit rusty, I'm pretty sure that yelp was "Whoa! Snow feels cold and wet as it hits your bare head...It doesn't feel like Styrofoam peanuts at all!"

Here are some more pictures from today. I can honestly say I never thought I'd have a pumpkin covered in snow. In Houston we were just trying to keep them from mildewing before Halloween...not freezing!






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be like the babies...really watching it snow. MR

Friedt Family said...

Well, my dear Harry, you will learn quickly that indeed you WILL need a big warm coat and boots but it appears you will be learning the hard way. Oh well, can't say you weren't warned! THe pic of the boys looking out at the snow is adorable! And the shot of the house is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

i think the picture of Reed looking out the window is a great photo. Looks like a professional job.JR

Anonymous said...

I too love the pix of Reed looking out the window! How lovely--snow on pumpkins--I saw some of those on the national news too.
If I had a pumpkin on my front porch it would be growing mold!
Lu