Sunday, October 4, 2009

Happy Day!

JR sang at church this morning! Okay, so I'm not sure how much singing he actually did, but there were some awesome dance moves going on. I know some of you might be shocked to learn that we aren't going to a Baptist church, and actually our friends, Mark and Shelly, asked us just last night why we didn't go to First Baptist. Jason and I looked at them with all seriousness and said, "Um, because we couldn't find it." Yes, we live in a teeny-tiny town, and we knew the Baptist church was on 3rd Ave, but the sign is so small you can't read it from the street. And, I mean...that is SO un-Baptist like. I just assumed the church with the itty-bitty sign you can't read must be the Presbyterians or the Episcopalians. Anyway, here's JR and the other River Church kids (they call them River Runners, isn't that cute?) They sang "Happy Day" and "Mighty to Save" (which happens to be my favorite song). You can also see our above mentioned friend, Mark, playing the keyboards. I only have Happy Day posted since the videos are so long (full length for the grandmothers), but at least watch until they start jumping in circles. It's pretty cute!

5 comments:

GS said...

Way to go JR - that boy had his dancin' shoes on. Great video, Mom. Oh go ahead and publish the other one.

Anonymous said...

The River Runners are my new favorite singing group. I wish I could dance around like that in my flip flops. Maw Maw

Shelly said...

I'm so glad you got that on video. It was so cute in person and now you have it for posterity. PS - That's my man singing in the background!!

kyle and robin said...

that is adorable!

Friedt Family said...

Mighty to Save is one of my favorites too!! The video is so cute, kids are the best...if only we could maintain just a little of that energy as we get older, right?!