Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Tooth is Exposed!

JR has one thing totally in common with both his grandmothers (which is entirely unlike Jason and me, so we know he gets it from them). He completely freaks out if anybody touches something that is going in or near his mouth. Of course the grandmothers don't actually freak out (although I know they're freaking out inside). They just politely give the person whatever it was they just "borrowed"from them. Granny Sherry will give up her prized Route 44 Diet Coke in a second if somebody takes a sip, and my mom was forever giving one of her cousins her brand new lipsticks as every time she saw her, she'd ask to use some. (Both grandmothers also have an obsession with wearing flip-flops, but I think that's another issue.) Jason and I didn't inherit the "other people (especially family members) have germs" gene. Naturally, we don't tend to share drinks with complete strangers, but Jason and I think nothing of drinking after each other. JR, on the other hand, is exactly like his grandmothers. At dinner he'll ask, "has anybody else eaten off this? has anybody else touched this?" And if he thinks somebody (in particular the babies) has, he'll politely say, "no thank you". So, I'm actually really happy JR doesn't read my blog because he would absolutely die if he saw this picture. The babies absolute favorite toy in the house: JR's tooth brush. I spend most of my day trying to keep them out of JR's bathroom. And the second my eyes aren't looking at them, I find them on top of the sink "brushing" their teeth. They love for me to brush their teeth with their own toothbrush, but of course, stealing JR's brush is infinitely better with it being "mechanical" (as JR refers to it). So, JR, I'm sorry. And Grandmothers, I know you're cringing for JR as you look at these pictures!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! Love the sibling torture! That's Madi's favorite too - just because it freaks Katrina out! Too funny...

Jill said...

Okay that's hysterical. I personally think sharing toothbrushes is uber nasty but drinks and chapstick...no problemo. I don't understand it either....And yes, it's a great thing JR doesn't read this. He may lock his NEW toothbrushes up in a lock box in his room from now on :)

Anonymous said...

I'm cringing. I'm cringing.Maw-Maw

GS said...

I find it unfair that you would post this while I was out of town-however, I know you knew I would go searching for all those precious pictures when I got back. Seeing as I use JR's bathroom when I am there, I consider this fair warning to lock up my toothbrush, huh.