Thursday, October 1, 2009

Cowboy Up

Today is Cowboy Poetry Day at JR's school so they were supposed to dress in cowboy attire. Thankfully, the same costuming applies for both "Cowboy Day" and "Go Texan Day", so we had it covered. All I had to do was make a trip to the Prop Closet (I don't really have a prop closet. And on a side note, I don't even have my own closet! I have to share a closet with Jason that's smaller than Jason's closet back in Houston. As you can imagine, the closet situation comes up in conversation almost daily. But I digress, any costuming I already have I say it came from the "Prop Closet".) JR wore this same get-up for Go Texan Day back in PreK. Only difference is that this morning he was freezing and had to wear a jacket to the bus stop, where as in Houston, Go Texan clothing usually sweats you down. JR is definitely a good mix of both Jason and me. He was thrilled beyond imagine about wearing the chaps. (He's got my love of a good costume.) But was equally happy about his camo shirt. (I think we all know where that came from.) Plus, when it comes right down to it, shouldn't the native Texan be the most cowboyed-up? I think so, too.


This was JR's attempt at a "cowboy pose" and snarl. LOL! This was also the first and only picture he would let me use the flash (it "hurts his eyes") Which is why the other pictures are so grainy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's my cowboy sweetheart. Maw Maw

GS said...

You are a Cool Dude, JR - Best dressed (and toughest from the looks of that growl) cowboy is CO.

kyle and robin said...

fyi - we have three, count 'em THREE, closets in our entire house. two of which are a mere 2.5 feet wide. I'm with you on the closet rant!

oh - and JR maks a great cowboy!

Anonymous said...

JR, you did Texas proud!
Lu