Saturday, December 5, 2009

This Wasn't Supposed to be a Family Portrait


I figured one of us would have to be in the Santa Claus picture, but I never dreamed we both would. I was counting on one of the babies to take a liking to the Man in Red, but as you can see, neither were having any part of him. Especially Reed. Just look at that "thumb in mouth, I'm not even going to look at you" face. JR has always been a big fan of Santa. He was never scared to sit in his lap, and today he marched right up and started reading off his list. (This year's most unexpected request: A gift certificate to Rocky Mt. Chocolate Factory.) At least he's buying local. Right, Durangoans? And by the way, how depressed am I that Santa is way skinner than any of us?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reed reminds me of somebody else who wouldn't even look at Santa when I paid him to come to the house. The picture is very cute. Maw Maw

Anonymous said...

Evidently your Santa is a "local" not truly from the North Pole, where extra body fat is essential to personal health. But I do like the picture.
Lu

GS said...

OK - only in Durango are there skinny Santas - that just not right - don blame the wee ones for not sitting in his lap - he was obviously a fake.