Monday, December 21, 2009

One's Down!

We were getting ready to go to a Christmas party Saturday night when I realized I hadn't seen the babies in the last 5 seconds. About that time Reed (master of everyone's business) ran in to tattle on his brother. Reed thinks he's carrying on a full conversation with me, but when I heard the "Uh-oh" and "Oh no!" part of his story, I knew I needed to investigate. It didn't take me long to find Kyle placing Christmas "ornaments" in his bed. And with the tree now on the floor, it made his ornament picking that much easier. (I put 'ornaments' in quotes, because in Kyle's defense, the ornaments on their tree are actual toys.) But not only did I find half the ornaments in Kyle's bed, but seems he also decided he was going to sleep with the top of the tree. Kyle just looked at me and said, "Oh No!" It was if he was saying, "I was just standing here, and the tree came falling down, and then these ornaments and the top of the tree just jumped in my bed. And Oh No! How will we ever go on when such a horrible thing has happened and I had nothing to do with it?"

But hey, I think we're doing great. 8 trees and only 1 down!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's OK Kyle, I believe your story, sometimes those things just happen. Did it ever dawn on mom that you were trying to put it all back after that little unexplainable mishap, that's the way Granny sees it.

Anonymous said...

I love that story. Guess you are lucky that is the only tree Kyle wants to sleep with.
Lu