Monday, December 14, 2009

It's Play Time

This is my 300th post of the year, Yeah me! My goal was to have 300 blog posts this year, but don't worry, I won't quit on you now that I'm there. You know me, so goal and task oriented. (Is that laughter I hear out there?) I'm telling ya, being married to Jason for 8 years has really rubbed off on me. I was telling him the other day about a situation and the words, "and it's just so frustrating because it's so disorganized, and you know me, I really like having a plan" actually came out of my mouth. I started laughing as soon as I heard myself say it. I'm still the master of the multi-task, but my ability to make plans, to-do lists, and write things down has increased tremendously around all these A-type Ingersolls I live with. And what is the subject of my 300th post you ask? Oh just a few of my favorite things: JR, Kyle, Reed, and a Christmas play.
Isn't this the sweetest picture ever?! I know, I know I'm the mom that was taking pictures during the prayer instead of praying. But come on, how could I miss out on that little snapshot? So the Christmas play at church was really sweet. JR was very upset that Kyle and Reed were going to attend. He kept saying, "But they'll be bad, they'll make too much noise." Thankfully, they did a great job. They clapped and danced along with most of the performance (it helped that there were lots of songs), and if they even looked like they were thinking about "being bad" Jason and I handed them a cookie. Yes, our parenting skills are really quite amazing. Here they are dancing along. I'm not sure they realized they weren't actually in the play.


Here are some shots from the evening, and then a video with JR saying his big line. He was so excited to get "a part" and practiced and practiced. I kept telling him he got the best line in the whole play..."Jesus makes Christmas!"



4 comments:

Unknown said...

He was so stinkin cute last night! And I'm so glad the drama king wasn't too traumatized by me! You & your family are so much fun - thanks for being a part of our church family!

GS said...

I can say nothing but "AHHHHH" How precious - Great Job JR!!!

Anonymous said...

Too sweet! Cute Christmas sweater--and the babies look adorable (of course).
Lu

Anonymous said...

AMEN to all of the above. MR