Friday, December 4, 2009

Alright! You Win...

My jealous nature has been kicking in all day. If you don't live in Texas, have relatives in Texas, or have Facebook friends from Texas then you might not know: IT'S SNOWING. I, for one, am quite aware that is snowing in and around Houston since I've received 2 phone calls and an email with photographic proof from Granny Sherry, a call from my mom, and seen that every single Facebook update from anyone living even close to Houston has been about the snow. Okay, Okay, Y'all win. It's snowing in Texas and not here in Colorado. My yard is brown and yucky. And Houston, well, you're just a gorgeous Christmas wonderland of snow and magicalness. I'm even big enough to post a picture of Granny Sherry's "snow covered" yard. (And yes, even though I'm a native Texan, I'm allowed to put snow covered in quotes since I live in Colorado now.) So, a tip of the hat to you, Texas snow. Toche'.

But truth be told, I'm way too competitive to just let you win and walk away.

Beat this, Houston!
That's right. 7:00 AM, 5 degrees, Baby!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

John and I drove to Huntsville to see the snow. Angie and Randi Lynn were taking pictures. It's all gone now, but was beautiful while it lasted. MR

Anonymous said...

Well, the snow we had didn't amount to much of anything--didn't even give a good covering on the picnic tables. I was somewhat disappointed, especially when I see that Houston and Friendswood got a nice blanket of snow. Not me! just a few flurrys--but it was relaxing to watch.And BEST of all, we got out of school at 1:00. YEAH!Lu

Allison said...

Don't be celosa that you missed all the fun here! :p