Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thanks for Ruining It for the Rest of Us!

I'm so angry at the "supermom" right now I can hardly see straight. As, you've probably heard some crazy woman had sextuplets and ran a marathon right after the babies turned one. Oh but it gets better, she also went into cardiac arrest and almost died after the delivery. She said she was lying in bed and couldn't imagine ever being able to run again. Are you kidding me? My babies are 5 months old and I have yet to dream of going out for a run. How are the rest of us non-supermoms supposed to live up to this? I was planning on milking this twin thing for as long as possible. I even had my standard answer I was going to give worked up, "I'd love to help with (fill in blank with anything somebody has asked me to volunteer at, work, or supervise) but it's just so hard to get out with the twins; having two of them really eats up all of my time." Now people can come back at me with, "Oh, I see...did you hear about the lady that ran a marathon who had sextuplets?"
The family was on the Today show and Meredith Viera asked her when she found time to run and she said something like...Oh, they're really good sleepers. We put them down at 7:00 and I go out and run for 2 hours... Well, that's just super. My babies (and yes, I have 4 less than you do, lady) don't go down until 9:00 or 9:30, and if I was to start running that would really cut into my So You Think You Can Dance watching time. So, thanks a lot Supermom. I'm sure you'll be getting your own reality show....and no, I will not be watching you. I'm stickin' with Jon and Kate. All Kate ever does is get her hair highlighted, go to the spa, and complain about how tired she is. Now those are standards I can live up to! Kate, YOU are MY supermom!

3 comments:

Me Me Me said...

You know this, but just because a mom has 6 kids and is able to run and all that jazz doesn't mean she's super! ;) You're super, Jan!!! :)

Anonymous said...

You ARE the "Supermom" of all times - just ask the grandmothers that have tried to stay just a couple of hours while you and Jason go have some badly needed one on one time with no kids around. After two hours all I can think about is "Now I know why God gives small children to young people"!!!! You are the greatest and your happy, adorable and precious children are the proof of that.

From your most "Non-biased by-stander" - Granny S.

Kristi said...

Ummm....well, I'm just going to go ahead and spare myself the humiliation of not living up to the "supermom" standard and relish in the fact that I can be "mediocre-mom". (did I spell that right?) There are no marathons, third-world-country-savings or anything else considered "extraordinary" in my immediate plans. I'm lucky to keep my floors cleaned most days.