Monday, June 30, 2008

We're Here

After 11 hours of driving yesterday and 1150 miles total, we are finally here in Charleston, South Carolina. An 11 hour car ride is almost as hard as a 14 hour flight to Asia. "Almost" being the operative word. We only made 2 unplanned stops. One because Reed just couldn't stop crying (he just needed to be held for awhile) and one for JR to go to the bathroom. JR did great, but the poor babies just wanted to get out of those carseats. When we pulled up to the guard house to enter Anita's neighborhood, Kyle was at his wits end. I have to admit it....I pulled a Britney. I jumped out and let Kyle ride in my lap the last few streets to their house. We promised the babies we wouldn't strap them back in those carseats for awhile, and they are loving having lots of laps to sit in. Anita's house is gorgeous, just what you would imagine a South Carolina home on the coast would look like. I'll post pictures later, I just wanted to let y'all know we were here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pictures! MR