Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Ingys and Ike- Need A Break

I'm taking an Ingy and Ike blog vacation starting tomorrow. The Traveling Ingys just got back from a fabulous European vacay, so I'll be posting our European adventures tomorrow.
I got the saddest phone call from my mom today. She called the power company and they told her it would be at least 3 more weeks before they get their electricity back. I've never heard her so sad or depressed. Their neighbors down the way got it back yesterday, so she was thinking they would be getting it any minute. Unfortunately, they aren't on the same power grid. In other East Texas news, the gas station owner in their little town was going into Crockett and picking up the free FEMA ice and water and then selling (actually price gouging ) it in his store. They sent in a high school kid undercover and they charged him $26 for ice and water. The owners were arrested and taken out in handcuffs. I say, AMEN! He deserved it!
In Ike messing up stuff for the Ingys news, the worship center in our church was badly damaged and it will be months until we can have services inside it. I don't know what we'll be doing long term, but Sunday's service is out on the football field. They still don't have power either, so it remains to be seen if JR will be going to school on Monday.
I leave you with some pictures that were emailed to Jason today. And Houstonians, I know you're as sick of Ike talk as I am, so I promise no hurricane blogging tomorrow.






No comments: