Friday, September 19, 2008

The Traveling Ingys Go European

With all the stress of the hurricane, we were definitely in need of a fabulous vacay. Leave it our friends, Gary and Anita, (Blog readers, you'll remember them as the friends we went to visit in Charleston) to jet set us on over to Europe. Here we are hanging out on the island of Santorini. And since my European geography is not near as refined as my Asian geography, I actually had to google Santorini to find out where we went. Turns out we were hanging on a volcanic island off the southern coast of Greece. As you can see in the pictures, the island has a giant central lagoon and is surrounded by high steep cliffs on three sides. The island slopes downward from the cliffs to the surrounding Aegean Sea. Santorini claims to have some of the best sunsets in the world, and after checking out our pictures, I definitely believe it. Hello?... Are we fancy pants or what? Actually are pants really appropriate in Greece? I'm thinking a toga is in order!




No comments: