Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Ingys and Ike-We're TV Stars!

I've always known Jason and I were meant to be on television, and today, we made it! We noticed Chanel 2 news was at church today, and when we watched it this afternoon, there we were walking into the service. 2nd Baptist is one of the largest churches in Houston (I'm guessing we're right behind Joel Osteen's Lakewood) and our campus was severely damaged. Ike pealed the copper right off the domed roof, picked it up, and then slammed it back on the church. Our 5,000+ seat worship center had 2 feet of water in it, and everything was ruined. It's millions of dollars worth of damage (think sound and computer equipment) and 6 months to a year before we'll be back inside. The news was there to cover the story of the damage and to show us having church on the football field. We were told to dress super casual, so Jason and I were wearing shorts for our big TV debut. I'm glad we were too, even at 9:30AM the sun was beating down on us, and with my milk-toast skin, I actually got a little bit sunburned. Of course our channel 2 exposure was only a couple of seconds, but JR was pretty upset that we were on TV and he wasn't. (He was at children's church) In fact, he burst into tears that he wasn't featured...he's so my child. If Chanel 2 puts anything about it on their website, I'll be sure and add the link. Here's a picture of the dome damage that I took this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw it! I saw it! PTL we got our power back. Windy Hill is back up and running. MR