Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Ingys and Ike- It was BAAADDD

Okay, no joking here tonight. It was bad; I was scared. Our yard looks like a war zone. We lost 2 big trees, but neither hit our house. We were certainly blessed. Jason's dad lives next door and lost about 10 trees. There's no telling when we'll have power again. The news is saying everybody should have power again in a month...A Month! Katy, where Jason's mom lives, is in West Houston and got the least damage from the storm, so her house has power. It came on again about 9:00 P.M. tonight so we broke curfew and came here to stay. JR is out of school until at least Wednesday. I took video and lots of pictures, but in my hurry to pack in the dark I left the camera at home. We'll pick it up tomorrow, so I should have video and pictures to show then. As bad as it was, it could have been so much worse. We want to thank all of you that called and text messaged to check on us. We really appreciate it. My parents are also okay. One side of their barn blew off and they lost some trees. I'll have more tomorrow, I'm going on to bed since I didn't sleep one minute last night since I was too busy pacing back and forth and hiding in the closet.

No comments: