Thursday, September 4, 2008

Karen's Back

So blog readers, you're going to have to indulge me, as I have another JR story for today. For those of you with sweet, little girls who just sit around cutting and coloring, you'll never know this feeling, but it's pretty much a crapshoot for me everyday when picking up JR. I never know if I'm picking up JR - perfect student, or JR -"bee thrower". Luckily, this week, I've been picking up JR-perfect student. And when I pick up JR-perfect student, he's quick to point out who got in trouble that day. Today's story went on and on about 3 kids getting in trouble and one was a girl, and she told somebody to shove him and blah, blah, blah. There's no telling what actually happened, but in JR's mind, the girl had it out for him. I asked him what the girl's name was and after thinking long and hard he said, "Karen". Now, let me stop the story here to give you the back-story on "Karen". Karen was JR's arch-rival from preschool in China...his wicked nemesis, his Achilles' heel, his kryptonite. Everytime he got in trouble, it somehow involved Karen, and vice-versa. JR and Karen were always fighting. They always wanted the same things-toys, books, puzzles. And since Karen was the cute, British, female version of JR- their interactions always ended in a full contact brawl. I remember telling him, "JR, do not go near Karen. Stay away from Karen. If Karen comes near you, go to the other side of the room. " Of course none of the girls in JR's class are named "Karen". But seems JR can't forget his old rival. I wonder if Karen's somewhere calling all the unruly boys in her class "JR"?

4 comments:

Me Me Me said...

Ooooh I wonder who the new Karen is!!

Unknown said...

Jan,
i like you blogs....hi hi.
you should write books for children and become a billionaire like jean rowling.

Anonymous said...

Maybe we could have a mystery game going on here looking for the new Karen - sorta like the "Who done it" thing. There is no doubt poor British Karen has a "JR" lurking somewhere in her everyday life also. Don't we all!!! GS

Anonymous said...

Let's hope "Karen" doesn't get behind the "Caboose" this weeks or we might have fireworks. Maw-maw