Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Moms Are Gonna Love Me!

So I totally ripped off this easy craft from Family Fun, but I'm thinking the Cub Scout moms are going to love these hand print Santas.

(And yes, I had to use the flash which means JR is utterly incapable of opening his eyes.)

I don't have any pictures of us actually making the craft since seven-year-old boys and their fathers shouldn't be left unsupervised while using paint and glue. 

But remember, there was more than just paint fights going on. The kids also framed the Santas, then wrapped them and tied a ribbon around the package.
(I honestly hadn't even thought of the boys using the Christmas ribbon to slap each other Indiana Jones whip style. Lesson learned.)

So how do I have a picture of the Santa if he was wrapped?
Well, we (and, of course, I mean JR) unwrapped it as soon as we got home.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Ha! If there's one thing I learned from having a little brother that will totally come in handy if we ever have a boy, it's this: Anything, and I mean ah-nee-theen-guh, can be a weapon if you use your imagination well enough.
My brother's pre-school had to take all of the plastic bananas out of their play kitchen because the 3-year-old boys were using them as guns.
True story!
PS - your hand Santas are adorable. If I was a Cub Scout mom I would totally love mine. :-)

Jo said...

I love it!

kyle and robin said...

super cute!