Thursday, December 23, 2010

Something New

I did something last night I've been wanting to try since we moved here.

Just check out our shoes!
Don't worry they're rentals, if they were mine I'd have to find a way to put a high heel on them.
(I'm on the right.)

We rode the ski lift up about 3:30 and went snowshoeing in the "out of bounds" area of Purgatory. 
It was gorgeous! (And obviously snowing)

I love the trees weighted down with snow.

After snowshoeing for about an hour, we headed over to The Powderhouse for wine and cheese.
(I had some serious hat hair, so photos not available.)

After our "refreshments", we were supposed to walk down to the base under the light of the full moon.  But since it was still snowing, we walked by the light of our headlamps.

*Sing along* We'll be coming down the mountain when we come....


Once we were near the bottom we were able to turn off our headlamps.

And no, we weren't cold at all. I had on my giant coat, so I was almost too toasty!

2 comments:

Friedt Family said...

What a beautiful night!!! And a great date idea:-)

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! yet c-c-cold (teeth chattering). Looks a very fun evening with Jason.
Merry Christmas....
Lu