Friday, December 10, 2010

Look of the Week

I've got tons of reasons I let two days go by without blogging.
(I certainly don't want to deprive my legions of adoring fans.)

I could say I've been busy, but I won't. 
Everybody's busy; especially this time of year.

I could say I'm in deep, dark depression because Ayi left on the 6:00 AM flight yesterday. 
And, I will. 
Wow, things are easier when she's around. 
This was made shockingly clear last night as JR dramatically flailed on the kitchen floor that one of his spelling words was too hard, both little guys were sitting on the potty in two different bathrooms, (one demanding reading material, and one wanting to make sure they were going to get candy for their "performance") all the while, the phone was ringing.

I also could say I've got a serious hand injury that has kept me from typing.
But I'm guessing most everybody's sporting Christmas card-addressing-carpel tunnel syndrome these days.

So instead of dwelling in my excuses, let's just see what our resident fashionista is saying is "in".

The Look of The Week?
Backpacks

The monkey backpack has been in heavy rotation (and has gone everywhere).
Obviously he demands to put it on himself, just look at those wonky straps.

He's also partial to JR's old Nemo backpack.  But the only way he'll wear it is with the roller handle up. 
Sometimes he wears both backpacks at the same time. And though I don't have a picture, it's, as Michael Kors would say, "a lot of look"!


 Our main issue is that we can't wear a backpack in the car, so we have to find other ways to accessorize ourself.
On a related fashion note, Kyle was telling me what Santa was going to bring him this year.
According to Kyle: "Santa Claus is bringing me a Dora purse." 
Humm.
 Sooo I'm guessing this goes back to our trip to Houston. I stopped Kyle just before he marched out of Claire's with a sparkly, bedazzled, purple Dora purse slung over his shoulder.  As the tears flowed, I might have told him that he could ask Santa to bring it to him. 
Ooopsee.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun explaining that one to Jason!

Joseph said...

just to be clear... i was not on this shopping trip

GS said...

Oh dear, Santa has a big order getting that one past Dad - Maybe if it was filled with hunting gear?