Sunday, December 26, 2010

Some Pictures and The People I'm Going to Start Stalking

Don't look now, but I think we might actually have some traditions on our hands!

Snowmobiling last Christmas eve was a great way to funnel some of JR's excited energy, so we gave it a go again this year.

My favorite part? I didn't have to drive!

JR begged and begged to drive, but he just couldn't with the many feet of new, fresh powder. 
He rode with Granny Sherry.

Our snowmobile group (Jason's parents)

Really, who could resist playing in all that fluffy goodness? 

And just like last year, that evening we rode the Polar Express.  

 



Reed received the "first gift of Christmas".

And who do you think the chefs picked out to dance with them?
My parents, of course!
See, I got my "fun" gene from both sides.

Okay. So this next part isn't a tradition, but I love a good overdone Christmas decoration, so I have to include these people.  

On our way home from town we always see a house with lots of lights up on top of a hill/mountain.
(Hill or mountain...depending on what part of the country you live in.)
JR kept asking to go, and we finally went by on Christmas Eve.  Now, if I'd have known it was going to be a-may-zing we would have gone up there every night!

 I so appreciate that they welcomed onlookers in full costume. 
Do you think these people would be scared if I informed them that they were my new best friends?

JR with my new best friends (plus a random girl).

Reed and my new best friends.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

When Mark and I were first married we lived down the street from a house decorated like this. It was on a cul-de-sac and their poor neighbors had to put up with people's headlights as the drove past every night for the whole month of December. I have to admit, we did our share of drive-bys too!

We called it, "The House of the Christmas Orgy"

Joseph said...

So.... A. Sheesh, the craziest thing I did on Christmas Eve was have Chinese food. B. That looks like what I imagine Ms. Havisham's Christmas decorations would look like. And C. Yes, I dropped in a Dickens reference