Wednesday, December 15, 2010

So Not a Cake Wreck!

Jason and JR spent most of Sunday afternoon working on their cake for the Father/Son Cub Scout Cake Bake. 

I was actually really impressed with Jason.  Jason's a great cook, but I do all the baking/decorating in the house, so I wasn't expecting him to be able to make a cake. I even called my dad to say, "Well, you know it would be amazing if JR was making it with you. But Jason? Eh. He's not like we are."

Jason, I take back what I said.  You did great!

Reed was seriously upset that he wasn't allowed to help.  So, in typical Reed fashion, he tried his best to be in everybody's business anyway and "boss" from the sidelines.

I almost freaked out when Jason started icing the cupcakes to look like tree leaves.  It was almost as exciting as learning he could make balloon animals!

Finished cake awaiting judging

I couldn't believe it. JR actually won 2nd place!
 (I'm in the picture with him since I was helping hand out awards.  I know you're shocked.  Me...right in the middle of everything.)
The competition was fierce. You can check out most of the other cakes over at our Pack 504 blog.

Jason and JR with their winning masterpiece.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job to both of your guys! Woohoo! And Reed is my kind of kid - in the middle of everything.

Friedt Family said...

Nice work Ingy boys!! I love the scarves...very creative!!

GS said...

Great job Jason and JR - seeing the finished product explains why it took most of the afternoon. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Great work Jason and JR! I looked at the other cakes, I think they should have taken home the blue ribbon! Jan, did you write those rules?
Happy baking,'
Lu

Lori said...

Love it! Very creative.. I think JR should have gotten first place!