Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ski For Yourself

I'd been trying to convince Jason that taking Kyle and Reed skiing was a really good idea.
Jason (being the realist) said there was no way they were going to be able to ski.
Me (being the "creative one") reasoned that since they were the stars of gymnastics class, of course they'd be great skiers.

Yesterday was the big test.

I took pictures while they were being fitted for their boots/skis since I was nervous I'd be too busy with falling down skiers watching them swoosh down the mountain. -


Even though it was snowing, I was already sweating by the time we got everybody unloaded, dressed, and to the bunny hill.

We dove right in and put them on the ski lift first thing. 
They were wearing little backpacks with handles, so I just picked Kyle up by his handle and put him right on...just like a piece of luggage!

   I think Jason made Reed work a little more than I made Kyle.  I had Kyle between my legs just like Jason has Reed, except I put my arms under his armpits and just went down the mountain. It was basically like skiing with a 25 pound 3 foot tall kettle ball.

A fuzzy picture, but at least it proves I was there!

 My ski partner.
We did the bunny hill about 4 or 5 times, and though I'm not sure you can call what Kyle and Reed did "skiing", they loved everything about it. 
Nobody cried, fell off the lift, or got run over. 
I'd say it was a very successful day!

2 comments:

leiamarie82 said...

This is awesome! We live in SC, not a lot of skiing, but we're probably moving west soon, so I feel like we can try this with our boys. Too cute!

Unknown said...

Ok, that is adorable and awesome! I am not brave enough to take the girls yet.