Friday, December 17, 2010

It Was Like a Norman Rockwell Painting

Is there anything more beautiful, calm, and serene than baking Christmas cookies with your kids?

I know mine are so well behaved, patient, and not messy.
Ahhh.
What a sweet time together.

Let's take a look at the "memories" we made yesterday.


Now don't worry about Kyle's seemingly "ang-a-ree" mood.
It was all my fault.
 I was the mean mom that wouldn't let him sit on the footstool JR was using, and made him sit on a barstool instead so he could actually see what was going on.

Just look how thrilled he is about baking with mom!

He was so sad when he told us he'd be leaving the baking area to go watch TV.

Worried you hadn't seen The Cake Boss? 
He took a long nap yesterday, so you can imagine how excited he was when he marched in to find we had started without him. 
 

You'll notice I have tons of pictures since the mishaps were few and far between. 
Just check out the dough stuck to JR's rolling pin. 
The tell-tale sign of an expert baker.

Later,  Kyle walked in like this and announced, "I'm going to lunch."
 I was having so much fun I had no desire to scream out, "Take me with you!"

Good times. Good times.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my word you guys crack me up! And next time little Mr. Fashion Forward wants to go to lunch, tell him to call me!

GS said...

Out to lunch with no shoes, but well accessorized with hat, gloves and bag. He does live on his very own planet!

Anonymous said...

Certainly looks a fun day in the kitchen to me! The family that bakes together stays together (except for Kyle going to lunch!)
Lu

Friedt Family said...

I'm with Kyle, I'll be at lunch with him! Good luck with the baking:-)