Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dogrango 2

I've mentioned before that here in Dog-rango, dogs are more important than people.
And if you're a true Durangoan then you have a dog. 
A big dog.

A yellow lab is the typical Durangoan dog, and Labradoodles are acceptable.
Although, any big dog will put you in the cool kids club.

So, though Hunter is certainly looked at with smirks and snickers, I decided if everybody else is going to bring their giant dogs to soccer practice, why should Hunter have to stay home?

I actually called Jason from the soccer field and said, "I'm officially a Durangoan. I brought Hunter to soccer."
Look at that face.  I think the other dogs might have been laughing at him.

And don't think my kids haven't noticed how this dog-loving community treats their 4-legged friends.

Both Kyle and Reed like to bring stuffed dogs with them when we go out.
(And why wouldn't they? Everybody else has real dogs with them.)

The other day I put Kyle and Reed in the car, but didn't buckle their seat belts while I was loading groceries.
(Which means they had free-range use of the car for about 2 mintues.)
When I went to buckle them up, here's what I found.

Kyle and Reed-Dograngans indeed!

1 comment:

Angie Vik said...

Love that last picture. I'm impressed with your seizing the moment taking picture skills. I often think of taking a picture but more often than not can't locate a camera that has both memory card and batteries.